Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas: Part 1



Hi friends! So last weekend John and I made our way down to Abilene for my first Garrett Christmas!! Whoohoo! The weekend started out with John's middle brother's graduation from the police academy and Grant's graduation from UNT! We are so proud of both of them!
That was Friday night. Saturday consisted of the most delicious breakfast with the family, followed by Christmas! There was the normal giving and receiving of gifts but there the most wonderful surprise towards the end of our Christmas. Grant and Kendra passed out little ladybug magnets and calendars so that we can track the progress of their little baby!! Yay!! So excited for them and pray that their little ladybug will be strong and healthy!

The weekend finished up with Dan's Sunday lunch, some football, and lots of sweet family time. I am truly blessed to have married into such an amazing family. God is too good to me! John and I made our way back to Dallas because work was waiting for us on Monday. I now realize that I took for granted that nice, month long vacation while I was at ACU. Going from a month to two days is for real depressing. I'll just put my big girl panties on and get on living in the real world!
John and I also celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary! We went to our favorite restaurant, Maggianos, and loved not having to cook for one night! Six months has flown by and I cannot wait to see what is in store for us! Have to run but I hope everyone has the most Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Much love from the Garretts!


No comments:

Post a Comment